Thursday, July 5, 2007

Weekend

To all,

We waited around today to see if the SDA would call to give us a second appointment this week (no surprise) we did not receive a phone call and anticipate that we should get an appointment the first of next week. It seems that there are a multitude of issues at the SDA at this point and we are one of 50 families awaiting a second appointment. I think we are different to the extent that we actually went out to see the child and then declined as opposed to refusing the referrals given without even seeing the child. At this point only time will tell the final outcome and if we are meant to add to our family with a son or daughter.

I mostly cannot imagine the thought of spending another weekend waiting around in Kiev. I have seen as many Churches as I care to for along while. Hence, we are off by train to Lviv. My grandfathers family was from this area. Lviv is close to the Carpathian mountains and if nothing else since we really only have two HEAVY backpacks with us we might venture into the mountains. I do have to say that this was not at all the way I imagined this trip to go.

However, all said I have learned and seen another side of my sweetie that is confirmation of what a good man he is and Andy has also had an opportunity to see me in new and different light.

I do not think that there is much else to say except that we are open to whatever possibilities show up for us at our second appointment and ask all to hold good thoughts and prayers that we get an appointment early in the week and early in the day that will have a child available that matches our criteria and will be a compliment to our existing family.

To all a grand weekend,
In light and love,
Audrey & Andy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Audrey and Andy,

Your journey is profound and touching. Thank you so much for including us on it. Your story has us now involved and sending more support, encouragement and love to you in the Ukraine.

Love, Light and Blessings,
Laura and Kevin