Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Another Rainy Day - Kiev

I think we are following or being followed by the rain. We are now in the apartment in Kiev and we are having a thunder and lighting storm. The weather reminds me of when I was a little girl and the New York summer's seemed to be hot and miserable and then it would rain and would be delightful. I am happy that the umbrella ended up on the list and came with us since we have had more occassion to use it here than in a normal year in CA.

We are truly stunned at how much Kiev has changed. All we saw were designer shops for as far as the eye can see. We also had the opportunity to expierence how expensive things have gotten. While out we went to get fruit (fukta) and paid more than $8 for what I think was a pound of grapes.

We got our technical difficulty with the phone resolved by buying another one (we love supporting their economy).

Lauran, Mom and Grandma Sharon I am completly hooked on Suduko. I will have to get my fill while in Ukraine because I can see that the addictive side of me is coming out and I am still on the simple ones. The goal is to finish the book I have with me so that I do not need to carry it back to the states.

Yesterday when we finally arrived in Kiev after various delays (KLM seems disorganized in Amsterdam and Kiev) the translator and driver were amazed at how lightly we packed. However, the backpacks get heavy even if under 40lbs.

Well by technical side kick is kicking me off the computer becaause of the thunder.

Later.
Love,
Audrey and Andy

No comments: