Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weekend - Pictures





























Well it was eventful this weekend since it is still Indepence Day celebration and many demonstations as well. See attached photos and explanation of sites.

I will number the pictures down the left side and then continue on the right side.
Picture 1) A picture of Kiev from the river boat we took down the Dnipro River.
Picture 5) Andy in the park on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Kiev.
Picture 6) Andy and Olga in Independence Square by statue of Horse. I tried to get Andy up on the horse Evaleen/Charlene for a great shot and Andy would not oblige (afraid the police would arrest him). Holy oh me oh my I have never seen so many Police (Militia) in one day in my entire life i.e., anticipated demonstrations.
Picture 3)St. Michael's. The grounds are loverly and the church is stunning at night with the glimmer off the gold domes.
Picture 2) Bela I am assuming you might be the only one to recognize what party the red and blue flags belong to. Having witnessed demonstrations of both parties one very pro East/Putin and the other pro West let's you know that there is a free speech.
Picture 4) Ola and me in Independence Square by the same horse that Andy would not ride.
I hope everyone had a loverly weekend back in the states and will have many stories to share with us when we get back home.
Much love,
A & A












2 comments:

Sheryl said...

It is so great to see you in the pictures. You look so happy! I look forward to checking the blog everyday!

Thanks for the pictures of Jackson and Taylor!!!

a2ukraineadventure said...

Sheryl,

You really are a night owl. I am happy you enjoyed the pictures of the kids and I appreciate the fact that you helped take them at the b-day party.

A&A